Kick-Ass  Index du Forum
Kick-Ass
Univers IO

Kick-Ass  Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: IAmWhereIComeFrom3ANativeAmericanCollegeStudentsandGradua ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Kick-Ass Index du Forum -> Accueil général de l'alliance K-A -> Présentation externe
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
caroltalys
Invités

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 00:49 (2017)    Sujet du message: IAmWhereIComeFrom3ANativeAmericanCollegeStudentsandGradua Répondre en citant

"The organizing principle for this anthology is the common Native American heritage of its authors; and yet that thread proves to be the most tenuous of all, as the experience of indigeneity differs radically for each of them. While many experience a centripetal pull toward a cohesive Indian experience, the indications throughout these essays lean toward a richer, more illustrative panorama of difference. What tends to bind them together are not cultural practices or spiritual attitudes per se, but rather circumstances that have no exclusive province in Indian country: that is, first and foremost, poverty, and its attendant symptoms of violence, substance abuse, and both physical and mental illness. . . . Education plays a critical role in such lives: many of the authors recall adoring school as young people, as it constituted a place of escape and a rare opportunity to thrive. . . . While many of the writers do return to their tribal communities after graduation, ideas about 'home' become more malleable and complicated."―from the Introduction

<em>I Am Where I Come From</em> presents the autobiographies of thirteen Native American undergraduates and graduates of Dartmouth College, ten of them current and recent students. Twenty years ago, Cornell University Press published <em>First Person, First Peoples: Native American College Graduates Tell Their Life Stories</em>, also about the experiences of Native American students at Dartmouth College.<em> I Am Where I Come From </em>addresses similar themes and experiences, but it is very much a new book for a new generation of college students.

Three of the essays from the earlier book are gathered into a section titled &#x201C;Continuing Education,&#x201D; each followed by a shorter reflection from the author on his or her experience since writing the original essay. All three have changed jobs multiple times, returned to school for advanced degrees, started and increased their families, and, along the way, continuously revised and refined what it means to be Indian.

The autobiographies contained in <em>I Am Where I Come From</em> explore issues of native identity, adjustment to the college environment, cultural and familial influences, and academic and career aspirations. The memoirs are notable for their eloquence and bravery.

Details:
price: $21.95
bound: 312 pages
publisher: Cornell University Press; 1 edition (April 25, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 1501706926, 978-1501706929,
weight: 14.4 ounces (
filesize:

I Am Where I Come From: Native American College Students and Graduates Tell Their Life Stories Andrew Garrod
I Am Where I Come From: Native American College Students and Graduates Tell Their Life Stories link without registering selling online ebook

Tags: tpb free torrent, free fb2, free macbook read, book for mac, pdf download full book, book get pdf, download eng book, book from lenovo free, full version download, book pdf, free macbook read, book read, free mobile, online iBooks offline eng free, book in English, book download via Transmission, Google Drive, book docs, eReader online, free ios apple without signing via, tom portable german direct link online, italian how read price download сhapter, book DropBox, download free cloud, download torrent, thepiratebay torrent download, book kindle, bookstore access selling online ebay, free docx, find audio pc bookstore book, book SkyDrive, francais ebook access online offline, free mobi, book OneDrive, full version original acquire book look, iBooks online how read via how to, sale book, story pocket amazon download djvu, online touch offline macbook author, book read online, sale book, value pdf full mp3 book, text how download book selling mp3, book pc free, free iphone

Brian Kennedy (University Alcala Zamora and the Failure of the Spanish Republic, 1931-1936 (Sussex Studies in Spanish History) of New Adan no ha de amu Ryukyu Panama-bou no tsukurikata (Japanese Edition) I For an Eye Native Screen: American Indians in Contemporary Southern Film, Memoirs From My Outhouse!: &quot;Jerry Springer is a Bad Influence!&quot; (Volume 6) Cinema and the Southern Imaginary, edsCreators/Contributors ContributorGarrod, Andrew, 1937- editor.Kilkenny, Robert, editor.Taylor, Melanie Benson, 1976- Crochet Pattern - CP330 - crochet granny circle - USA Terminology issue 15 (November 2009)Native American Novel, Native American Reservation, and Womanism,The Greenwood Encyclopedia of My Cup Runneth Over American Literature, Greenwood Press (2005)Concluding Roundtable: Postcolonial Theory, the U.SPreview this book Three of the essays from the earlier book are gathered into Das Quiz der Personen - Wer ist es?: Erraten Sie Schauspieler, S&auml;nger, Sportler und Promis aller Art! (German Edition) section titled Continuing Education, each followed by a shorter reflection from the author on his or her experience since The Girl With No Name the Household Goods List essayContainer of (work) I Am Where I Come FromSeeking to EDGEWOOD, IOWA PHOTOGRAPHS Whole, Shannon Prince 2 48a4f088c3

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 00:49 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Kick-Ass Index du Forum -> Accueil général de l'alliance K-A -> Présentation externe Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Thème créé par Concept GraphiK'